Thursday, February 25, 2010

Seven*



Tron notes.

Tron definitely broke boundaries in technology and pushed it above and beyond it's capabilities at the time. This is often viewed as the greatest achievement of the film - and the story is ignored.


Tron has a distinct visual style, which is a direct result of using computer graphics extensively for the first time. The film's graphics were radical at the time when video games such as Space Invaders were what the public audience saw as the pinnacle of state-of-the-art graphics.


Issues over time with the aging of the film may reflect poorly on the 1982 film once the 2010 sequel 'Tron Legacy' is released.


Inspiration/Reference points:


In alot of ways Tron represents some things I would love to achieve and many I would like to avoid in my short film. The emotional detachment that I felt from most of the characters is something I want to avoid - but admittedly it is difficult to care about characters who are computer programs. The thing I love is how Tron established a unique and instantly recognisable graphics style.


That's the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment