Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Five*0


First of many posts detailing my pre-production. Some WIP of my efforts to learn more about 3D as I head further into the project. I will detail my rigging exercises in another video.
Initially I was intending on the INNER's all being 3D. But I've since realised that my 3D skills are not up to the task and at the end of the day I prefer 2D for animating. Regardless I will be taking what I have been learning and applying it to modelling various elements within the film - but not all of the them will be 3D, the majority will in fact be 2D but I am intending on creating a mixture as well.

I have some mockup's which I have been working on which I will be putting up soon.

I'm happy that I have a decent understanding of modelling, uv mapping and texturing in Maya now. As well as a basic idea of how the sculpting in Mudbox works as well.

The models in question were done as a part of another project, which itself was an exercise in learning Maya for use in my MAP. I have been doing a number of projects for competitions and keying all the work towards what needs to be done in the pre-production stage of my MAP work.

No comments:

Post a Comment