Thursday, September 2, 2010

Five*2


Testing out AE Particular as well as experimenting with audio driven animation.

I've been itching to get into Particular for ages now and so I've been playing around with it's various looks and functions. There was one video that I stumbled across which particularly (pun intended!) inspired me to have a closer look at the more complicated applications of the plugin;


let yourself feel. from Esteban Diácono on Vimeo.

Isn't it beautiful? And at the same time soooo ridiculous?? That's what I thought. As you can see my attempt is not nearly as grand. The basis of the technique is not all that difficult, but understanding how the movement is driven and applying the various effects to create a look better than brightly coloured sand takes a fair bit of time, effort and research! A fantastic resources to get you started that I would highly recommend would be the tutorial at RGTV that I used. I am yet to attempt it with my own music, but that's coming! As is attempting it with sound fx.



But as far as a look that I like from a first attempt I like to think that it was pretty decent. The example was actually far longer, but the epic rendering times (even on my shiny quad core imac!) were extravagant - so I've restricted it to 8 seconds. I've thought about applications for this within my MAP work. My current thought so far is that it could be incorporated into the 'monster train' - the idea of having 'smoke' coming from it's nostrils, or even 'sparks' coming from the tracks that pulse with the sound of the train tracks clacking along would be great! You know the chooga-chooga-chooga part of the movement of the train? That part.

In my head it looks good anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment